Crisis Payment for Extreme Circumstances Family and Domestic Violence

You may be able to get Crisis Payment if you’ve experienced a family or domestic violence incident.

Your claim will be assessed by a social worker. You must contact us within 7 days of your living arrangements changing after a family and domestic violence incident. This includes intending to change your address.

You must meet all of the following to get this payment:

  • be contactable by our social workers to assess your situation
  • be eligible for, or getting, an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
  • be in severe financial hardship
  • be in Australia when the incident happened and when you submit your claim.

You’ll also need to meet certain living situations. To find out all the conditions read who can get it.

Read more about support services and tools and who else can help with family and domestic violence.

Page last updated: 5 March 2021