Centrelink Indigenous Call Centre

A line to call about our payments and services if you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.

You can phone the call centre to speak to us about Centrelink payments and services for free.

What to do before you call

Before you call, you’ll need to have the following items handy. We’ll use them to confirm your identity.

You’ll need your Customer Reference Number (CRN) and either your:

  • Medicare card
  • driver licence
  • concession card.

If you don’t have a CRN, you can prove your identity and get one with myGov and link it to Centrelink. You can then make your claim through your Centrelink online account. You don’t need to visit a service centre.

If you are calling us about a missing payment, please check with your bank first. You can also use your Centrelink online account through myGov to check.

Unfortunately we can’t give you information about someone else, even if they’re family. Unless we have their written permission or they must be with you when you call.

If you want someone else to handle your Centrelink, Child Support or Medicare business, you can approve them to deal with us on your behalf.

When you call

It’s important to stay on the line when you call us. If you hang up and redial, you may end up waiting longer.

When you speak to us, we may ask if you would like to create a voiceprint. A voiceprint is a faster, easier and more secure way to prove your identity and access our Centrelink phone self service. Read more about how to create a voiceprint.

Call the Centrelink Indigenous Call Centre.

Page last updated: 16 February 2023.
QC 64132