To get this you must be all of the following:
- eligible for an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- in severe financial hardship
- charged with committing an offence
- spent 14 or more days in prison or psychiatric confinement
- in Australia when you make your claim.
Read about who can get it.
You can get a Crisis Payment for Release from Prison or Psychiatric Confinement each time you’re released.
Complete the following steps to claim Crisis Payment for Release from Prison or Psychiatric Confinement. Before you start, check if you can get it.