To get this you must meet all of the following:
- be moving house due an extreme circumstance, such as fire, flood or community violence
- be eligible for, or getting, an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- be in severe financial hardship
- be in Australia when the extreme circumstance happened and when you submit your claim.
To find out the full conditions read who can get it.
If you live in a natural disaster impacted area
We have lump sum payments and ongoing, short-term allowances to help you, if you’re directly affected by a natural disaster. You can’t apply for the Crisis Payment for Other Extreme Circumstances if you’re eligible for one of these payments for the same circumstances:
- Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
- Disaster Recovery Allowance
- New Zealand Disaster Recovery Allowance
- any other payment or allowance from your local or state or territory governments, or the Commonwealth.
You can read more about these payments if you need help in a natural disaster.
You may get this if you’ve left your home because of an extreme circumstance such as fire, flood or community violence.