Crisis Payment for Other Extreme Circumstances
You may get Crisis Payment if you’ve had to change where you live due to an unforeseen extreme circumstance.
To get this you must meet all of the following:
- be moving house due an extreme circumstance, such as fire, flood or community violence
- be eligible for, or getting, an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- be in severe financial hardship
- be in Australia when the extreme circumstance happened and when you submit your claim.
To find out the full conditions read who can get it.
If you live in a NSW flood impacted Local Government Area
We have lump sum payments and ongoing, short-term allowances to help you, if you’re directly affected by the floods in NSW. You can’t apply for the Crisis Payment for Other Extreme Circumstances if you’re eligible for one of these payments for the same circumstances:
- Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
- Disaster Recovery Allowance
- New Zealand Disaster Recovery Allowance
- any other payment or allowance from your local or state or territory governments, or the Commonwealth.
You can read more about these payments if you need help in an emergency.
You can also check to see if you are in one of the impacted Local Government Areas (LGAs) listed for the New South Wales Floods, March 2021.
You may get this if you’ve left your home because of an extreme circumstance such as fire, flood or community violence.
Complete the following steps to claim Crisis Payment for Other Extreme Circumstances. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Page last updated: 24 March 2021
This information was printed 2 August 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/crisis-payment-other-extreme-circumstances. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.