What your commitments are

There are things you must do to keep getting your Youth Allowance as a job seeker payment.

Mutual obligation requirements

Mutual obligation requirements are tasks and activities you agree to do while getting Youth Allowance as a job seeker.

If you live in Queensland

Due to site issues, we’re temporarily pausing mutual obligation requirements for some participants. The pause affects some job seekers living in the following employment regions:

  • Cairns
  • Mackay
  • Darling Downs.

Affected participants will get an SMS message from the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.

If you’re affected and have questions, call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260.

Report employment income

If you get an income support payment from us, you must report any income you and your partner get. You need to report every 2 weeks, even if it’s $0. This is so we pay you the right amount.

Before you get your first payment, you need to report your and your partner’s income.

You can report your income in any of these ways, by:

You can check your reporting dates through your Centrelink online account.

Read about income reporting and get help using our Centrelink online account guides.

If you want to report your partner’s income online, you’ll need permission to enquire or have a nominee arrangement.

Change of circumstances

You must tell us if things change as it may affect your payment.

You can tell us using the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app or your Centrelink online account through myGov.

Read about what you need to tell us.

Page last updated: 16 May 2022