What your commitments are

There are things you must do to keep getting your JobSeeker Payment.

Mutual obligation requirements

Mutual obligation requirements are tasks and activities you agree to do while getting JobSeeker Payment from us.

Report employment income

If you get an income support payment from us, you must report any income you and your partner get. You need to report every 2 weeks, even if it’s $0. This is so we pay you the right amount.

Before you get your first payment, you need to report your and your partner’s income.

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to report your income.

Sign in to myGov

You can also report your income by:

You can check your reporting dates through your Centrelink online account.

When you report your income each fortnight, you’re confirming you’re meeting your mutual obligation requirements.

Read about income reporting and get help using our Centrelink online account guides.

If you want to report your partner’s income online, you’ll need permission to enquire or have a nominee arrangement.

Change of circumstances

You need to let us know if there’s a change in your circumstances. You should also regularly check the information in your Centrelink online account is correct. This is so we can make sure we pay you the right amount. If we pay you too much you’ll get a debt you need to pay back.

If your Centrelink account is linked to myGov, sign in now to tell us about changes to your circumstances.

Sign in to myGov

If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.

You can also tell us using Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.

Read about what you need to tell us if your circumstances change.

Page last updated: 28 September 2023.
QC 52173