How to report and manage your payment

To keep getting JobSeeker Payment you need to report every 2 weeks. You also need to keep meeting your mutual obligation requirements.

To keep getting your payment you’ll need to:

If you’re having trouble meeting your mutual obligation requirements, you need to talk to someone about it. Who you need to contact depends on if you are either:

  • with an employment services provider
  • with Workforce Australia Online.

Getting help if you have an employment services provider

If you have an employment services provider, you should speak with them first. Otherwise, call the National Customer Service Line on the Workforce Australia website.

Getting help if you’re with Workforce Australia Online

If you’re referred to Workforce Australia Online, call the Digital Services Contact Centre on the Workforce Australia website.

Reporting your income

The way you report your income depends on if you have an employer or if you’re self-employed.

If you have an employer

If your claim is successful, you’ll need to report your and your partner’s employment income to get your first payment. You still need to report even if your and your partner’s income is $0.

Every 2 weeks you must report the employment income you and your partner got in the last 14 days.

If you don’t report every 2 weeks, your payment will stop. We’ll tell you which dates you must report on and when your income reporting will start. If you report late, your payment will be late.

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to report your income.

Sign in to myGov

You can also report your income by:

You’ll need to call us on Centrelink employment services line if any of these apply:

  • you can’t update your employment income online
  • you’re not sure how to report your back pay.

If you’re self-employed

Read about how to report your income from self-employment.

Keep meeting your mutual obligation requirements

When you get JobSeeker Payment you need to meet your mutual obligation requirements. These requirements include activities such as job searches, training and work experience. Doing these things may help you get back into work sooner.

Read about mutual obligation requirements.

Page last updated: 1 February 2024.
QC 52179