Please note: You’ll get an immediate assessment when you request PBS authorities online.
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidises treatment with crizotinib and entrectinib under the National Health Act 1953, section 85 for patients with Stage IIIB or Stage IV NSCLC.
Patients must be eligible for the PBS and meet the relevant restriction criteria.
The Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits on the PBS website outlines the restrictions for prescribing crizotinib and entrectinib.
Applying for initial treatment
Applications for initial authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised crizotinib or entrectinib to treat Stage IIIB or Stage IV NSCLC can be made either in:
- real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- writing and use HPOS Form upload
- writing and mail to PBS Complex Drugs Programs.
All written applications must include the completed:
- authority prescription form or forms
- non-small cell lung cancer - crizotinib or entrectinib - initial authority application form
- relevant attachments.
Applying for continuing treatment
Applications for continuing authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised crizotinib or entrectinib to treat Stage IIIB or Stage IV NSCLC can be made either:
- in real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- by calling the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line.
Call the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line for more information.