on this page
To get EdEP, you need to be doing approved study or training and get certain payments from us. Your eligibility will depend on the payment that you get.
If you get a payment with no time requirement
You can get EdEP if you study while you get Pensioner Education Supplement and one of the following payments:
- Disability Support Pension
- Carer Payment
- Parenting Payment single
- Special Benefit if you’re a single principal carer and are not eligible for parenting payments.
It’s doesn’t matter how long you’ve been getting these payments for. You’ll get EdEP automatically once each calendar year as a recurring payment while you study.
If you get a payment with a 12 month time requirement
You may get EdEP if you’ve been getting either of the following payments for the last 12 months:
- JobSeeker Payment, including if you transferred from another income support payment
- Parenting Payment partnered, including if you transferred from Parenting Payment single.
You can get a maximum of one EdEP every rolling 12 months. You’ll need to let us know when you start studying an approved course.
If you’re transferring to a student payment
Your situation or the course you’re studying may mean you have to transfer to one of the following student payments:
- Youth Allowance for students
You may get EdEP when you transfer if you’ve been getting one of the following payments for 12 months:
You’ll get EdEP once only at the start of your course.