To get 1 or more ABSTUDY payments you must be:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian
- in an approved course, Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship
- not getting another payment to study or train.
You might already get an ABSTUDY payment or want to check what payments you or your child could get.
Select the type of student you are to get more information about payments:
- Secondary and primary students
- Tertiary students and Australian Apprentices
- Part time secondary and tertiary students
- Master and Doctorate students
- Students or Australian Apprentices in custody.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in secondary school may get ABSTUDY payments. Some primary school students may also be eligible.
We have payments for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are full time tertiary students or Australian Apprentices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students enrolled in part time study may get ABSTUDY payments.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are studying a master’s or doctorate may get ABSTUDY payments.