How to claim

What you may need to do to claim Education Entry Payment (EdEP).

How you claim EdEP depends on the payment you’re getting.

We’ll automatically pay EdEP if you either:

If you haven’t been paid EdEP with your transfer, call the Youth and students line to see if you’re eligible.

If you get JobSeeker Payment or Parenting Payment, you need to let us know when your course starts to claim EdEP. You can do this by either:

  • calling your usual payment line
  • recording it on your Workforce Australia homepage through myGov, if you’re a job seeker registered with Workforce Australia Online.

If you continue studying and don’t get EdEP in another 12 months’ time, you may need to call us.

Page last updated: 28 July 2022.
QC 51671