Approved study or training

You must study an approved course at an approved education provider to get Education Entry Payment (EdEP).

You can discuss what courses are approved with your employment service provider or us.

Approved courses for EdEP may include:

  • university study
  • TAFE course
  • the Skills for Education and Employment Program by the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations
  • the Adult Migrant English Program
  • Small Business Training activity as part of Self-Employment Assistance.

If you’re doing a Startup Year course, you also need to be getting a START-UP HELP loan to get the Education Entry Payment.

Read more about the STARTUP-HELP loan on the Study Assist website.

You can find more information about:

If you’re a jobseeker with mutual obligation requirements, you will need to report your study. You can do this either:

  • on your Workforce Australia homepage through myGov, if you’re registered with Workforce Australia Online
  • by telling your employment services provider.

We can’t pay you EdEp if you’ve already finished your course or training.

Page last updated: 14 December 2023.
QC 62998