You can discuss what courses are approved with your employment service provider or us.
Approved courses for EdEP may include:
- university study
- TAFE course
- the Skills for Education and Employment Program by the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations
- the Adult Migrant English Program
- Small Business Training activity as part of Self-Employment Assistance.
If you’re doing a Startup Year course, you also need to be getting a START-UP HELP loan to get the Education Entry Payment.
Read more about the STARTUP-HELP loan on the Study Assist website.
You can find more information about:
- Skills for Education and Employment Program on the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations website
- Self-Employment Assistance on the Workforce Australia website.
If you’re a jobseeker with mutual obligation requirements, you will need to report your study. You can do this either:
- on your Workforce Australia homepage through myGov, if you’re registered with Workforce Australia Online
- by telling your employment services provider.
We can’t pay you EdEp if you’ve already finished your course or training.