Please note: You’ll get an immediate assessment when you request PBS authorities online.
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidises treatment with larotrectinib under the National Health Act 1953, section 85 for patients with solid tumours that are confirmed to be NTRK gene fusion positive.
Patients must be eligible for the PBS and meet the relevant restriction criteria.
The Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits on the PBS website outlines the restrictions for prescribing larotrectinib.
Applying for initial treatment
Applications for initial authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised larotrectinib to treat solid tumours that are NTRK gene fusion positive can be made either in:
- real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- writing and upload through HPOS
- writing and post to PBS Complex Drugs Programs.
All written applications must include the completed:
- authority prescription form or forms
- Solid tumours - NTRK gene fusion positive - larotrectinib - initial authority application form
- relevant attachments.
Applying for continuing treatment
Applications for continuing authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised larotrectinib to treat solid tumours that are NTRK gene fusion positive can be made either:
- in real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- by calling the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line.
Call the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line for more information.