Please note: You’ll get an immediate assessment when you request PBS authorities online.
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidises treatment with ruxolitinib under the National Health Act 1953, section 85 for patients with either primary myelofibrosis, post-polycythemia vera myelofibrosis or post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis confirmed through a bone marrow biopsy report and classified as:
- high risk and intermediate-2 risk
- intermediate-1 risk with severe disease-related symptoms that are resistant, refractory or intolerant to available therapy.
Patients must be eligible for the PBS and meet the relevant restriction criteria.
The Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits on the PBS website outlines the restrictions for prescribing ruxolitinib.
Applying for initial treatment
Applications for initial authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised ruxolitinib to treat patients with either high risk and intermediate-2 risk or intermediate-1 risk myelofibrosis can be made either in:
- real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- writing and use HPOS Form upload
- writing and mail to PBS Complex Drugs Programs.
All written applications must include the completed:
- authority prescription forms or forms
- Myelofibrosis - ruxolitinib - initial authority application form
- Relevant attachments.
Applying for continuing treatment
Applications for continuing authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised ruxolitinib to treat patients with high risk and intermediate-2 risk or intermediate-1 risk myelofibrosis can be made either:
- in real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- by calling the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line.
Call the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line for more information.