Please note: You’ll get an immediate assessment when you request PBS authorities online.
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidises treatment with brentuximab vedotin under the National Health Act 1953, section 100 for patients with CD30 positive sALCL.
The Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits on the PBS website outlines the restrictions for prescribing brentuximab vedotin.
Section 100 arrangements
This item is only PBS-subsidised for non-admitted patients, day admitted patients or patients on discharge who are attending:
- an approved private hospital
- a public participating hospital
- a public hospital.
This item isn’t PBS-subsidised for public hospital in-patients.
Applying for initial treatment
Applications for initial authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised brentuximab vedotin to treat CD30 positive sALCL can be made either in:
- real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- writing and use HPOS Form upload
- writing and mail to PBS Complex Drugs Programs.
All written applications must include the completed:
- authority prescription form or forms
- CD30 positive systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma - brentuximab vedotin - initial authority application form
- relevant attachments.
Applications for continuing authority approval to prescribe PBS-subsidised brentuximab vedotin to treat CD30 positive sALCL can be made either:
- in real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- by calling the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line.
Call the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line for more information.