on this page
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidises treatment with brentuximab vedotin under the National Health Act 1953, section 100 for patients with CD30 positive sALCL.
The Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits on the PBS website outlines restrictions for prescribing brentuximab vedotin.
Section 100 arrangements
This item is only PBS subsidised for day admitted patients, non-admitted patients, or patients on discharge who are attending either:
- an approved private hospital
- a public participating hospital
- a public hospital.
This item isn’t PBS subsidised for hospital in-patients. You must include the hospital name and provider number on the authority application form.
Applying for initial treatment
Apply for initial authority approval to prescribe brentuximab vedotin to treat CD30 positive sALCL in writing and either:
All written applications must include the completed:
- authority prescription form or forms
- CD30 positive systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma - brentuximab vedotin - initial authority application form
- relevant attachments.
Applications for continuing authority approval to prescribe PBS subsidised brentuximab vedotin to treat CD30 positive sALCL can be made either:
- in real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- by calling the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line.
Call the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line for further information.