Claiming a payment from us if you’re looking for a job

To claim a payment from us you don’t need to call or visit a service centre. The easiest way to claim is online.

Get ready to claim

If you’ve never claimed a payment from us, there are a few things you need to do:

You can do all this online through myGov. If you don’t have a myGov account, you can create one. Before you can claim a payment you’ll need to link your Centrelink online account to myGov.

Get your documents ready

When you claim a payment from us, you’ll need to provide supporting documents. Which documents you need depend on if you’re claiming Youth Allowance for job seekers, JobSeeker Payment or Parenting Payment.

Some documents you may need to provide include bank account details, proof of rental arrangements and partner income details.

Get help

If you need help claiming a payment, have a look at our claiming guide. You’ll find the steps to get started and submit your claim.

Page last updated: 10 May 2021