Getting other help

We have other support services you can use while we process your claim. These can also help if you’re not eligible for a payment.

It can take some time for us to process your claim for a payment. If you need help while waiting, there are services that can help with food and shelter.

Find help in your area

While you’re waiting to get a payment from us, check out the AskIzzy website. It’s free and anonymous to search for housing, meals, health care and more in your area.

If you’ve recently become retrenched or redundant

You can find information about support for retrenched workers on the Australian Government’s What’s Next website.

Get help from your state or territory government

Your state or territory government may offer help to reduce your cost of living. They may also be able to link you to housing support. The following links take you away from our website.

State or territoryResources
ACTGo to the ACT Government Cost of Living support page to find out what support you can get to help with the cost of living.
Get information about homes and housing in Canberra. This includes community emergency and temporary housing.
NSWUse the Service NSW Savings Finder tool to find rebates and savings.
Get housing information for NSW residents. This includes applying for housing assistance and other housing services.
NTGo to NT.GOV.AU to find concessions on essential goods and services. 
Get information on NT public housing and other housing services.
QldGo to the Queensland Government cost of living support website to search for concessions and rebates.
Get information on public and community housing in Queensland.
SAUse the SA.GOV.AU concession finder to help with household and other expenses. You can also get information about financial aid.
Get information about public and community housing, including how to register.
TasUse the Tasmanian Government discounts and concessions website to find what you’re eligible for.
Go to Housing Connect for housing and support in Tasmania.
VicGo to the Victorian Government concessions and benefits page for help with living costs.
Get information about housing solutions in Victoria.
WAThe ConcessionsWA website can help you find rebates and concessions
Get information about public housing in WA.
Page last updated: 28 February 2024.
QC 60066