Customer service changes
Sometimes there can be an interruption or extension to our service delivery. This can be because of a natural disaster, public holiday or system maintenance.
Centrelink online account
COVID-19 Disaster Payment
If you received a COVID-19 Disaster Payment from 15 July 2021, and your circumstances have not changed, you’ll be paid automatically until the end of the lockdown in your state. You don’t need to reapply. You don’t need to call Centrelink. For further info, go to servicesaustralia.gov.au/covid19
Face to face
Visiting a service centre
Public Health alerts
If you visited a service centre identified in a public health alert please follow local state or territory health advice.
- Elizabeth Service Centre, Monday 19 July 2021, between 10:15 am and 1:45 pm. Follow instructions on the SA Health website. Note: Elizabeth City Centre is the location.
- Chermside Service Centre, Friday 23 July 2021, between 10:37 am to 10:47 am. Follow instructions on the Queensland Government website.
- Nundah Service Centre, Friday 23 July 2021, between 9:45 am and 10 am. Follow instructions on the Queensland Government website.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, service centres may be closed or open at different times. Some service centres are also currently not booking appointments. Check if this affects your local service centre.
In line with health advice we limit the number of staff and customers inside our service centres. If you can do your business using our self service options, we may ask you to do this from somewhere else. This will let us help customers with more complex enquiries.
In a lockdown area only visit us if it’s essential. You can do most of your Centrelink, Medicare or Child Support business with us online through myGov.
If you can’t do your business online, you can call us.
Check local COVID-19 restrictions about wearing a face mask and check in requirements before you enter our service centres. Your state or territory government website will have the latest information:
- Australian Capital Territory Government COVID-19
- New South Wales Government COVID-19
- Northern Territory Government COVID-19
- Queensland Government COVID-19
- South Australia Government COVID-19
- Tasmanian Government COVID-19
- Victorian Government COVID-19
- Western Australia Government COVID-19.
Service Centres currently not booking appointments
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, some service centres are currently not booking appointments. Check if this affects your local service centre. If you don’t need to visit us, you can use one of our self service options.
Page last updated: 15 July 2021
This information was printed 29 July 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us/customer-service-changes. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.