Complaints and feedback

We value your feedback. You can submit a complaint, give a compliment or offer a suggestion to help us improve our service.

You have the right to ask for a review of the decision. You can do this if you don’t agree with a decision about:

  • your Centrelink payments or services
  • a Medicare debt
  • child support.

If you’re a business or health professional, you can also give us feedback or make a complaint. Please use the specific options available for you.

How to make a complaint, suggestion or compliment

If you wish to submit a complaint or offer us a suggestion or compliment, you can speak to our staff. If you’re not happy with their response you can speak to their manager.

You can call us on:

  • 1800 132 468 if you need help with a complaint
  • the National Relay Service if you’re deaf, have hearing loss or have speech disability
  • our free direct-call TTY service on 1800 810 586
  • one of our international phone numbers if you’re overseas.

You can also write to us online or send us a letter. Postage is free from within Australia.

Centrelink and Medicare
Services Australia Complaints and Feedback
Reply Paid 7800
Canberra BC ACT 2610
Child Support
Child Support Complaints and Feedback
Reply Paid 9815
Melbourne, Vic 3001

Please keep in mind, if you provide feedback or complaints to us in writing, it may take us longer to respond.

What we need from you

Please be clear, factual, and tell us the outcome you would like. Providing your name and contact details will help us to get in touch and help resolve the issue. If you provide feedback anonymously, we won’t be able to respond to you personally.

How we’ll respond

We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days. If we can’t resolve your complaint, we’ll explain why and let you know your other options.

If we need to contact you, it’ll be from a private number. For privacy reasons, we can’t leave a message, unless your voicemail clearly identifies who you are.

When to contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman

If you’re not happy with the outcome of your complaint you can take it further. You can contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman through their website.

Page last updated: 28 September 2023.
QC 25936