ABSTUDY is a group of payments for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australian students and apprentices.
Many community groups play a big role supporting people claim and manage ABSTUDY.
To help, we’ve created 2 ABSTUDY eKits with targeted resources. These eKits can help students and their families at different points in their study or training journey.
By using these eKits, you agree to reproduce content in the exact form provided by us. Please don’t change the designs in any way.
General ABSTUDY eKit
This eKit can help support people in your community to understand who can get ABSTUDY and what it pays for.
The General ABSTUDY eKit includes the following resources:
- mini mag booklet explaining ABSTUDY support
- an Easy Read guide to ABSTUDY
- social media tiles
- payment matrix and reference guide to ABSTUDY
- factsheets about Indigenous careers in the APS and Lawful Custody Allowance
- an infographic showing how ABSTUDY can help.
ABSTUDY high school eKit
The start of high school is an important time in the ABSTUDY journey. It’s where most students first can get ABSTUDY and also when many need to move away from home to study. This eKit can help with this transition.
It contains the following factsheets for parents and guardians:
- ABSTUDY payments when students live at home factsheet
- How ABSTUDY helps students to succeed factsheet
- Going to an open day with ABSTUDY factsheet
- Preparing to travel with ABSTUDY factsheet
- Moving away for high school with ABSTUDY factsheet
- How to get ABSTUDY factsheet
- Other times ABSTUDY pays for travel factsheet
- ABSTUDY travel to school and back factsheet
- How to avoid an ABSTUDY debt factsheet
- Who can get ABSTUDY factsheet.
The eKit also contains the following resources:
- mini booklet for high school students explaining how ABSTUDY helps with travel
- posters to print and display
- a newsletter article to encourage early claiming
- a PowerPoint presentation about ABSTUDY to show to families of students starting high school
- factsheet for staff and community members to help families claim an ABSTUDY contact channels factsheet to help organisations support secondary students
- social media tiles you can share on your accounts.
We have a range of video resources available about ABSTUDY.
- the ABSTUDY video series on YouTube for students and their families
- our interactive ABSTUDY travel video that helps student learn about ABSTUDY travel
- the ABSTUDY guide for boarding providers series on YouTube for boarding schools, hostels and education providers.
You can share links to our videos on social media, in online newsletters and in presentations.
If you’re an education provider, find out more about how you can support ABSTUDY students.
You can also download our School leavers resource eKit to help students understand the ABSTUDY support available after high school.