Start and end of studies travel

Help for secondary and tertiary students to travel at the start and end of studies for the year.

You can get the allowance if you’re either a:

  • secondary school student
  • tertiary student
  • secondary student not at a secondary school, for example, studying year 11 or 12 at a TAFE.

You can get the allowance for a return trip to the following places:

  • between your home and place of study
  • to a location other than your home or place of study, if it’s on your usual route.

A dependent traveller, supervisor or travelling companion can also get it if they travel with you.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 53233