Graduation travel

Help for tertiary students to travel to and from their graduation ceremony.

To be eligible you must have got ABSTUDY for a completed:

  • tertiary course that was the equivalent of at least 2 years full time, for example 4 years part time
  • postgraduate degree
  • an honours degree.

You must also have got 1 or both of the following for the course:

  • ABSTUDY Fares Allowance
  • help to travel under the Indigenous Education Training Program.

You can’t get help for graduation travel if you only got the allowance for any of the following:

  • a placement
  • a field trip
  • a testing and assessment program.

You can get the allowance for a return trip to the following places:

  • between your home and graduation venue
  • to a location other than your home or graduation venue, if it’s on your usual route.

The amount paid cannot be more than the travel assistance we paid while you were doing your course.

A travelling companion can also get it if they travel with you.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 53231