Travel for study of more than 1 semester

Help for tertiary and secondary non schooling students for a return trip home mid year.

You can get the allowance if either of the following apply:

  • you're a tertiary student or a secondary student not at a secondary school, for example, studying year 11 or 12 at a TAFE
  • your course is longer than 1 semester.

You can't the allowance if your dependents also got the allowance to travel with you to your place of study.

You can get the allowance for a return trip to the following places:

  • between your home and place of study
  • to a location other than your home or place of study, if it’s on your normal route.

You can travel any time in the academic year.

A supervisor or travelling companion can also get it if they travel with you.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 53235