Your partner and dependent children may get help to travel to and from your place of study.

To get help for travel for your dependants you need to be eligible for ABSTUDY Fares Allowance. Your partner or dependent children also need to be travelling to live at your term address. In addition, one or more of the following must apply to you or your partner:

  • eligible for Parenting Payment Single or Partnered
  • holds a Health Care Card or a Low Income Health Care Card
  • holds a Pensioner Concession Card and has a dependent child.

There are also rules about the type of travel dependants can access. If you’re eligible, your dependants can get help for any of the following:

Page last updated: 6 April 2023.
QC 53251