Register your organisation in PRODA to access HPOS
How to link your organisation Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account to HPOS.
Why your organisation needs to access HPOS
Organisations need to access HPOS to use the ‘Find a Patient’ function.
Important Note: To access HPOS for any of the following programs you need to link to HPOS as an individual and not an organisation:
- My Health Record system – Organisation Registration/manage authorisation links
- Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service (including register seed organisation)
- PIP Online
- PNIP Online
- Health Care Homes.
The following programs still need to use their PKI Site certificate:
- Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS)
- Rural Colleges
- Medical Indemnity.
What you need to link your organisation to HPOS
To link your organisation’s PRODA account to HPOS, you need to be a Medicare claiming organisation. You also need to provide a minor ID.
Before you can create a PRODA account for an organisation, you must first create an individual PRODA account.
How to register your organisation account in PRODA
How to register an organisation account.
Step 1 - In PRODA, select the ‘Organisations’ link located in the top right of the screen.
This will take you to the ‘My Organisations’ page. From here you can:
- select and view the details of organisations you are associated with
- register a new organisation
- join an organisation.
If you are already associated with an organisation it will be listed on this page.
If you’re authorised to link the organisation to HPOS, see how to link an organisation PRODA account to HPOS.
If you're not associated with an organisation, you'll be able to start the process to register a new organisation.
Step 2 - Select ‘Register a new Organisation’ to register a new organisation.
Enter the organisation details.
It's essential that:
- the person trying to register the organisation in PRODA must be listed as an Associate for that organisation on the ABR
- the organisation name and ABN entered in PRODA match the details on the ABR.
Step 3 - Answer the questions in the 'Verify Organisation Relationship' screen. Your responses must match the details on the Australian Business Register (ABR) to proceed.
You can make 3 attempts to give responses that match the details on the Australian Business Register (ABR). If you fail your third attempt, you'll have a status of unmatched in PRODA. You'll need to select ‘Cancel Registration’ and start the registration process again.
Step 4 - An email will be sent to the email you used to register your organisation profile.
Enter the Verification Code from the email.
After you've successfully registered your organisation in PRODA, you must link your organisation to HPOS.
To link your organisation to HPOS you need to do the following:
- Click on the drop down arrow on the ‘Service Providers menu’ to expand the menu.
- Select the ‘Add Service Provider’ button.
- Select the radio button for the HPOS system and ‘Add this Service Provider’.
- Agree to the linking terms and conditions.
- Enter your Minor ID and select Next.
- Follow the online instructions and select Next.
- Read the Organisation Linking – Next Steps and select Finish.
You’ll be sent an email advising your organisation is linked to HPOS. You can then:
- log on to your PRODA account
- select Go To Service to access HPOS
- select Link identifiers if you didn't complete the step before or want to link more identifiers.
If you need help select the Request help, enter the details in the text box and select Submit.
Page last updated: 2 December 2019
This information was printed 14 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/hpos/register/register-your-organisation-proda-access-hpos. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.