Child Support online account help - Advise of extraordinary payment

Instructions on how you can tell us about a private, extraordinary or non-agency payment (NAPs) using your Child Support online account.


Although we collect and transfer your payments, you may want to make a private child support payment. We call these payments extraordinary payments or non-agency payments.

Read more about how to pay child support.

Step 1: get started

From your homepage, select Advise an extraordinary payment in the Quick links section.

Or select MENU, followed by Payments, and Advise an extraordinary payment.

Step 2: add payment details

The next page will display 4 tabs. You’ll start on the Information page. Read this page to help you complete your update, then select Next.

Select Exit if you:

  • no longer want to advise of an extraordinary payment
  • want to start again
  • want to save your progress and come back later.

If you select Exit, we’ll ask if you want to save your progress.

If you want to save your progress, select Yes, save for later, then OK.

If you don’t want to save your progress, select No thanks, delete it, then OK.

On the Select other party page, select the person who received the extraordinary payment, followed by Next.

On the Payment details page, select Add to tell us about your payment.

Enter the details and answer the questions, then select Add.

The questions we ask may vary depending on your answers.

We’ll show the details you’ve given us. Check the information is correct.


  • the pencil icon to correct the payment
  • the bin icon to remove the payment
  • Next to continue.

Step 3: review and submit

We’ll give you a summary of your updates.


  • Select other party and Payment details to see the information you gave us
  • Back if you need to make changes.

Or, select Exit:

  • if you no longer want to advise of extraordinary payment
  • to start again
  • to save your progress and come back later.

If all the details are correct, read the declaration. If you understand and agree with the declaration, select I have read, understood and accept the declaration.

Select Submit.

Step 4: receipt

We’ll give you a receipt to confirm your update. Make a note of the Receipt ID for your records.

We’ll also tell you if we need more information.

For more information read Upload your Child Support documents online.

Select Finish to go to the Extraordinary payments history page.

On the Extraordinary payments history page, we’ll give you a list of all previously processed extraordinary payments.

Select the Child Support icon to go back to your homepage.


Step 5: sign out

From your homepage you can complete other transactions or Return to myGov.

For your privacy and security, sign out when you've finished using your myGov account.

Page last updated: 11 December 2019