How to report and manage your payment

There are things you need to do while you’re getting Youth Allowance as a student or an Australian Apprentice.

You’ll need to:

Call us on the Youth and students line to tell us if any of the following happen:

  • you don’t remain enrolled in your course
  • you don’t plan on returning to study
  • your study load reduces
  • you’re getting the away from home rate of payment from us and you’re no longer maintaining your term address.

If you don’t do these things

We may pay you the wrong amount and you’ll get a debt you’ll need to repay.

To find more information about your payments, go to My payments in your Centrelink online account. There, you’ll be able to see information including how we work out your payment and how much we’ll pay you.

Page last updated: 7 June 2023.
QC 43946