Who can get it

You need to meet eligibility for the Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS).

To get paid under CAPS you must meet all of the following:

  • be 5 years or older
  • have permanent and severe incontinence confirmed by a registered health professional
  • be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have permanent residency rights for as long as you get the payment
  • have eligible neurological conditions or other conditions as mentioned on the Department of Health and Aged Care website.

Read more about residency rules.

If you have a non-neurological condition, you must also have a Pensioner Concession Card. It can be from us or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

Getting confirmation from a registered health professional

Registered health professionals who can confirm your condition include:

  • general practitioner
  • continence nurse
  • registered nurse
  • physiotherapist
  • occupational therapist
  • Aboriginal health worker
  • medical specialist.
Page last updated: 17 October 2023.
QC 43046