Not meeting eligibility

You may not access CAPS if you don’t meet eligibility.

You can’t get paid under CAPS if any of the following apply to you:

  • your incontinence is temporary, not permanent and severe
  • your incontinence is treatable or is night time bed wetting only
  • you have a DVA Gold or White Card, and can get help through the Rehabilitation Appliances Program
  • you get Australian Government funded home care and your plan includes continence support
  • you’re residing permanently in an Australian Government funded aged care facility
  • you have a funding package from the National Disability Insurance Scheme that includes continence support
  • you are in prison or have been living overseas for 3 or more years in a row.

You can read more about the Rehabilitation Appliances Program on the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website.

If your circumstances change, call the Continence Aids Payment line about applying.

National Disability Insurance Scheme assistance

The National Disability Insurance Scheme supports people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability.

If you’re under 65 with incontinence caused by a disability, you may be able to get help. The NDIS can provide money to help you budget for your continence products. Keep in mind, the NDIS won’t cover you for this if your incontinence is from a medical condition.

If you’d like to know more, you can speak to your registered health professional. You can also read about how the NDIS works on the NDIS website.

Page last updated: 23 November 2022.
QC 51133