Carer situations are complex and it can take some time to assess your situation.
We’ll contact you if we need any more information to support your claim so we can fully understand your situation and the support you need.
We’ll never ask you for money to release your information or fix your account. Read more about How to protect against scams.
Checking where your claim is up to
To track the status of your claim you can use either:
You can also use your online account to:
- check our messages
- update your details and tell us of any changes
- withdraw your application.
Accessing other help
We have a range of income support payments that you can claim while you’re caring for someone such as:
- Carer Payment
- JobSeeker Payment if you’re 22 or older
- Youth Allowance for job seekers if you’re 16 to 21
- Parenting payment if you’re caring for children.
We also have supports if you’re in crisis or need special help.
There are other organisations who can help you and the person you care for. Read more about services in your state and getting support.