on this page
Manage your Medicare account
You can use your account to:
- make a claim
- view or save your proof of vaccination
- update your address, bank details or other personal details
- manage your Medicare card and the people on it
- view a digital copy of your card
- manage your organ donation decision
- check your Medicare Safety Net balance and confirm your family details
- check your child’s eligibility for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- enrol your baby in Medicare.
When you set up your Medicare online account, you can also use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
Managing more than one Medicare card number
If you’re listed on more than one Medicare card number, you can manage them in your online account.
- select and change the preferred card number you use to access your online account
- access your other Medicare cards
- leave your other Medicare card, if you no longer need to be on 2 cards.
Learn how to manage multiple Medicare cards using your online account.
View your statements
With your Medicare online account, you can view and print:
- Medicare claims history statement for the last 3 years for your current card
- Medicare claims history statements for children under 14 listed on your current Medicare card
- Australian Immunisation Register history statements for you or your children under 14 listed on your current Medicare card
- unverified payments statement for the last 2 years.
If you need claims information past 3 years for a current card or from a past card, complete a Request for Medicare claims information form.
You can also get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations through your immunisation history statement or COVID-19 digital certificate.
Get your letters online
When you’ve set up your Medicare online account, we’ll send your letters to your myGov Inbox. This means we’ll stop sending them by post. Keep in mind, we may still send some other letters to you in the post.
When we send you a letter online, you’ll get an email or SMS from myGov. It’s best to save or print them if you want to keep them for longer.
Changing how you get your letters
If you want to get all your letters by post again, you can do this through your Medicare online account.
- Sign in to myGov to access your Medicare online account.
- Select Medicare letters online.
- Change your letter preference and Submit.
You can also call the Medicare program to change your preference.
We’ll automatically stop sending letters to your myGov Inbox if you either:
- cancel your Medicare online account
- unlink your Medicare online account from your myGov account.
When you unlink your account, you won’t be able to see any letters from us in your myGov Inbox. If you relink, you’ll be able to see them again.