Community resources and help
You can refer people in your community to us if they need help in times of crisis.
What we offer
We offer guidance and support in times of need. This includes:
- help from our specialist staff
- referrals to other services.
If a person is getting a payment from us, they may get:
- talk to our social workers
- attend a financial information seminar
- get advice to help manage their money.
Our Payment and Service Finder can help people in your community find services in your area. They can also see what payments they might be eligible for.
We also offer help for those who:
- are homeless
- are in crisis or need special help, for example they're in severe hardship or recovering from a disaster
- are affected by family and domestic violence
- need help with managing money.
What resources are available
We have resources to help you share information with your community.
You can use these if someone in your community needs help with:
What help is in your language
We have translated information and interpreter services. Read more about help for multicultural organisations.
Page last updated: 8 September 2020
This information was printed 24 November 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/community/community-resources-and-help. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.