How to report and manage your payment

There are things you need to do while you’re getting Youth Allowance as a student or an Australian Apprentice.

You'll need to:

Call us on the Youth and students line to tell us if any of the following happen:

  • you don't remain enrolled in your course
  • you don't plan on returning to study
  • your study load reduces
  • you’re getting the away from home rate of payment from us and you’re no longer maintaining your term address.

If you don’t do these things

We may pay you the wrong amount and you’ll get a debt you’ll need to repay.

If you’re affected by coronavirus

You’ll continue to get your student payment if you remain enrolled in your course, and plan on returning to study. This is the case even if one of the following apply due to coronavirus:

  • you’re self-isolated at home
  • your education provider temporarily closes
  • your study load reduces.
Next: What other help is available

We have a range of tools, information and services to help you manage your payment or get extra support.

Page last updated: 1 April 2021