- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work
- 18 to 24 and studying full time
- 16 to 24 and doing a full time Australian Apprenticeship
- 16 to 17 and independent or needing to live away from home to study
- 16 to 17, studying full time and have completed year 12 or equivalent.
Financial help if you’re 24 or younger and a student or Australian Apprentice, or 21 or younger and looking for work.
An increase to the rate of Youth Allowance was announced in the Budget, starting from 20 September 2023. It’s subject to legislation. We’ll let you know more soon.