If your organisation provides healthcare services, you need to register it to use the HI Service before you can:
- view healthcare identifiers for patients, organisations and healthcare providers
- make referrals and send secure messages to organisations or healthcare providers
- view and upload information to patients’ My Health Records.
When you register your organisation in the HI Service, you’ll be assigned roles as both:
- a responsible officer (RO)
- an organisation maintenance officer (OMO).
Read more about roles in the HI Service.
Once you’ve registered, you need to set up your organisation’s access to the HI Service and the My Health Record.
It’s also important to update your healthcare provider organisation details in the HI service if they change.
Registering your healthcare provider organisation to use the HI Service
How healthcare provider organisations can register to use the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service and My Health Record.
Setting up your healthcare organisation’s access to the HI Service
How healthcare provider organisations set up their access to the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service and My Health Record.