Child Support representative

You can choose someone to be your Child Support representative.

You can choose a person or organisation to be your child support representative. They will be able to:

  • ask us questions
  • give us information
  • have access to and discuss your child support information.

This person must be 18 or older. They shouldn’t be:

  • a child who you paid or get child support for, even if they’ve turned 18
  • the other parent in your child support case.

You can choose:

  • the date they’ll stop representing you
  • the details they can know and discuss
  • if they can arrange for you to pay us child support you owe
  • if they can update your contact details with us.

They can’t:

How to appoint a Child Support representative

You can do any of the following:

A letter of authorisation should tell us:

  • enough information to identify your representative
  • the details you want them to discuss with us
  • the date they’ll stop representing you.

If your Child Support online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to submit your letter of authorisation.

Sign in to myGov

You can also submit it either:

Removing a Child Support representative

You can tell us if you would like to add a timeframe to a child support representative or remove them, by either:

Page last updated: 24 April 2024.
QC 65866