Changing your enrolment details

If your enrolment ends or your details change, you should let us know. If your enrolment ends, your Child Care Subsidy will stop.

If we end your enrolment

If your enrolment ends, we’ll stop paying your subsidy. This may happen if either of the following occurs:

  • your child hasn’t attended child care for 14 weeks in a row
  • your child care service advises us your child is no longer attending care.

If your enrolment ends, we’ll stop paying your subsidy and the enrolment will display in your online account as ‘ceased’.

If your enrolment has ceased, you won’t be able to make updates online. You can update your details by calling the Centrelink families line or visiting one of our service centres.

If you want to end your enrolment

You should speak to your child care service to end your enrolment with them. They’ll update your enrolment details and end date.

If for some reason your child care service is unable or unwilling to end the enrolment, you can dispute your enrolment details online.

If you want to dispute your enrolment

You’ll need a Centrelink online account linked to myGov. If you don’t have a myGov account or Centrelink online account, you’ll need to create them.

  1. Sign in to myGov.
  2. Select Child Care from the My Family menu option.
  3. Select Enrolments and find the relevant enrolment details.
  4. Select View details and then confirm.
  5. Answer the questions about the enrolment to advise which details are incorrect.

Sign in to myGov

If you do this, we won’t pay any CCS for this enrolment. If you want to get CCS for this enrolment, it has to be resubmitted by your service. You’ll need to confirm your child’s enrolment online.

If your child’s enrolment ends after the last day your child physically attends

If your enrolment ends, we generally won’t pay CCS for any days after the last day your child physically attends. We’ll pay CCS for absences that occur within 7 days of the start or the end of an enrolment, if you have an approved reason. If you don’t provide an approved reason to your service, we won’t subsidise your fees for those absences.

Read more about absences days before your child attends care or after their last day of attendance.

If you want to re-enrol your child in the same service

If your child returns to the same service after a previous enrolment has ended, the service needs to both:

  • re-establish the care arrangement with you
  • submit a new enrolment notice.

Once they’ve done this, you’ll need to confirm your child’s enrolment. We can only pay CCS to your child care service if your CCS claim has been approved and you’ve confirmed your child’s enrolment details.

Page last updated: 28 September 2023.
QC 62634