Confirm enrolment

Before we can pay you Child Care Subsidy, you need to confirm your child’s child care enrolment.

When you claimed Child Care Subsidy, you may already have confirmed your enrolment details as part of this. If you completed your claim, but there were no enrolment details, you’ll need to confirm them online. You can check your Centrelink online account for enrolment details now.

Once you check, if there are no enrolment details, you’ll need to talk to your child care service. Ask them to submit your child’s enrolment details to us so you can confirm them. See how to confirm the enrolment.

Before you confirm these details, make sure they match your Complying Written Arrangement (CWA), including fees and care sessions. A CWA is an agreement between you and your child care service to give care in return for fees.

We can only pay Child Care Subsidy when you’ve confirmed your child’s enrolment details.

What if your child’s enrolment details don’t match

If the information or fees in the enrolment details don’t match your CWA, speak to your child care service. They may be able to explain why the details don’t match, or update them.

If you still don’t agree with the enrolment, you should tell us what information is incorrect. Do this when you review the enrolment online.

You then need to talk to your child care service again. Ask them to send us updated enrolment details. You'll then need to confirm these online.

What happens if your child's enrolment ends

Your enrolment details will end for a service if either:

  • you withdraw your child from the child care service
  • your child has not attended child care for 14 weeks in a row.

For example, this can happen if you only use vacation care during school holidays.

If your enrolment ends, we’ll stop paying your subsidy and the enrolment will display in your online account as ‘ceased’.

If your child attends the service again in the future, you’ll need to re-establish the care arrangement. The child care service will need to submit new enrolment details which you can confirm online.

How to confirm the enrolment details

Once we get the new information from your child care service, you need to confirm the enrolment details. You can do this using your Centrelink online account through myGov. Select Family from the menu, followed by Child care then Enrolments.

For help, use our online guide to confirm your child’s enrolment details.

How to report fraud

If you think your child care service is fraudulent or non-compliant, contact the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.

Page last updated: 10 December 2021