Non-student travellers

Sometimes, someone other than you can get ABSTUDY Fares Allowance.

To get it they need to be either:

  • your dependant, like a partner or dependent child
  • a family or community member
  • your supervisor
  • a travelling companion
  • an educational institution representative.

These travellers can also get financial help for overnight accommodation and meals, but not for any loss of pay.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 30006

Try our new dark mode

We're testing a darker colour scheme. Try it and let us know what you think.