Educational institution representatives

Educational institution representatives may get ABSTUDY Fares Allowance if they send someone to your community.

For them to get it, the student must be eligible for orientation or special purpose travel.

The education institution representative may get it if they travel to either:

  • conduct interviews or other selection processes before you’re accepted into a boarding school or hostel
  • engage with your family if they or a community member cannot visit the boarding school or hostel
  • complete parent teacher interviews
  • attend an Away from Base activity.

Up to 2 representatives can get help to travel to your community to meet you if:

  • there are at least 6 students in your community who need to meet with them
  • it’s cheaper for them to travel than for the students to travel.
Page last updated: 10 December 2021.
QC 53255