on this page
How to install your Services Australia PKI site certificate
To install your Services Australia PKI site certificate, follow the instructions in the readme.html file on the site certificate CD.
With your site certificate you can access:
- healthcare identifiers
- contact details of other organisations using patient administration systems, and
- practice management software or HPOS.
Each practice management software product updates certificates in its own way. Contact your software vendor for help.
Managing your Services Australia PKI site certificate
From time to time we make updates which mean you need to update your certificate. We’ll let you know and send you instructions if you need to do this.
Before you start
You need to:
- Update your version of the PKI Certificate Manager Installer. It will have the current certificate for our Services Australia encryption and signing.
- Contact your software vendor to check if there’s a specific process you need to follow.
- Make sure you close the certificate software on your computer before you start manually loading your certificate.
- Contact your IT support area to identify which of your computers hosts your software. It may be your local computer or a central server.
About Certificate Manager
PKI Certificate Manager (Certificate Manager) lets you manage your certificate store so you can claim Medicare benefits online and use patient verification. It’s not used for browser access.
PKI Certificate Manager lets you store and manage certificates for 32 bit computers. It gives you tools to replace or update certificates.
Always check with your software vendor before you update your certificate store. You may have moved to a Java Key store for supporting certificates and your software may not need an update.
We support Microsoft Windows 10, 8 and 7 operating systems.
Download the PKI Certificate Manager Installer. It contains the installation files for Windows computers.
If you use a Mac computer, you should contact your software vendor if you experience error codes after a certificate update.