on this page
To be eligible it must be:
- essential care that can’t wait till you get home
- within 6 months after the day you arrive.
The agreement covers care in a government hospital which includes:
- nursing care
It also covers hospital out-patient care provided by:
- specialists in government service
- care at a health centre from a public doctor or nurse
- ambulance travel to hospital in an emergency
- necessary immediate dental care provided by government hospital.
What it doesn’t cover
The agreement doesn’t cover:
- dental work that isn’t urgent, for example fillings
- dental prostheses and appliances, your travel insurance may cover some of these and other extra costs.
What to do
If you need medical care, visit a health centre or public hospital.
Be ready to show your passport and Medicare card.