Digital claiming for aged care providers
A fast and secure way to submit events and claim aged care payments.
Using a digital claiming channel will save you time and help you get payments faster. It allows you to:
- get accurate payments and related data on time
- confirm straight away that we have your information
- no longer use and store paper forms
- have your claim processed faster.
You can use our digital claiming channels to:
- lodge individual care recipient events and monthly claims
- make updates to events and claims you’ve submitted (within 2 years)
- verify care recipient information
- view and download payment information
- check the processing status of events and claims you’ve submitted.
You can use one or both of these digital channels:
- Aged Care Provider Portal to make claims directly with us online.
- integrated business to government (B2G) software purchased through an independent software developer.
Integrated B2G software
You can use integrated software purchased through an independent software developer to claim with us.
Software developers integrate information and tools we provide into their own solution for signing and transmitting electronic data. If you choose to use integrated B2G software to claim with us, you need to use software we’ve approved.
There are 2 different types of integrated B2G software:
The cost of setting up the integrated software channel depends on the:
- software products you need
- size of your service
- system infrastructure you have in place
- software you use
- staff training required
- ongoing licence costs.
Read more about web services for digital health and aged care channels.
Information about how to set up your aged care web services software.
Page last updated: 3 December 2020
This information was printed 22 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/subjects/digital-claiming-aged-care-providers. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.