NASH Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates help you to:
- access the My Health Record system
- access the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service
- share health information using software that meets secure messaging or electronic prescribing requirements
- access the NASH directory on the Certificates Australia website.
We’re upgrading the NASH authentication system to strengthen security when you access digital health services. You’ll need to contact your software provider about updating your software to a NASH SHA-2 ready version.
Check with your software provider before requesting a NASH certificate. Ask if they need a NASH SHA-1 Certificate or a NASH SHA-2 Certificate.
We’ll no longer issue NASH SHA-1 PKI certificates from 14 March 2022.
You're eligible for a NASH PKI certificate if your organisation is registered in the HI Service. Your organisation can either be a:
- healthcare provider organisation
- contracted service provider
- general supporting organisation that assists in the delivery of digital health.