What you can do
You can use your Medicare online account to manage details and claims, access statements and get letters online.
Manage your Medicare account
You can use your account to:
- make a claim
- view or save your proof of vaccination
- update your address, bank details or other personal details
- order a replacement Medicare card or an extra card for your family
- get your own Medicare card and number
- add someone to your Medicare card
- view a digital copy of your card
- manage your organ donation decision
- check your Medicare Safety Net balance
- confirm your Medicare Safety Net family
- check your child’s eligibility for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- enrol your baby in Medicare.
When you set up your Medicare online account, you can also use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
Access your statements
With a Medicare online account, you can access and print your:
- Medicare claims history statements for the last 3 years
- Australian Immunisation Register history statements for yourself or your child under 14
- unverified payments statement for the last 2 years.
You can also get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations through your immunisation history statement or COVID-19 digital certificate.
Get your letters online
When you’ve set up your Medicare online account, we’ll send your eligible letters to your myGov Inbox. This means we’ll stop sending them by post. Keep in mind, we may still send some other letters to you in the post.
When we send you a letter online, you’ll get an email or SMS from myGov. You can store your letters in your myGov Inbox for 90 days. It’s best to save or print them if you want to keep them for longer.
Changing how you get your letters
If you want to get all your letters by post again, you can do this through your Medicare online account.
- Sign in to myGov to access your Medicare online account.
- Select Medicare letters online.
- Change your letter preference and Submit.
You can also call the Medicare program to change your preference.
We’ll automatically stop sending letters to your myGov Inbox if you either:
- cancel your Medicare online account
- unlink your Medicare online account from your myGov account.
When you unlink your account, you won’t be able to see any letters from us in your myGov Inbox. If you relink, you’ll be able to see them again.
To do your business with us online, create a myGov account and link to Medicare.
Page last updated: 19 October 2021
This information was printed 19 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-online-accounts/what-you-can-do. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.