Who can get it
To get the Relocation Scholarship you must meet some rules.
You must be either:
You must also meet the study rules.
Your place of study
You must do 1 of the following:
- move to or from a regional or remote area in Australia to study
- do approved study overseas for your Australian course
- do an approved regional placement.
Don’t forget to tell us if you move, so we can update your details.
You must get at least $1 of any of these payments:
Who can't get it
You can’t get this payment if any of the following apply:
- you don’t get Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY Living Allowance or Energy Supplement
- your family home and your place of study are both in a major city when you start studying
- you’re eligible for an Indigenous Student Success Program scholarship from the Department of National Indigenous Australians Agency
- you get a Relocation Scholarship from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
You also can’t get it if you live on campus and get ABSTUDY Residential Costs Option. This applies unless you got the offer to live on campus after we paid your scholarship.
To get a Relocation Scholarship as an independent student you must have a special reason.
Where your family home is determines if you can get a Relocation Scholarship and your payment rate in your second and third years of study.
Page last updated: 12 November 2019
This information was printed 6 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/relocation-scholarship/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.