How to get it

You don’t need to apply for the Relocation Scholarship unless you’re doing a regional placement. You may still need to fill out a form, or tell us about changes to your situation.

Your course is at a regional campus

If you’re moving from a city to a regional area to study, we’ll check if you’re eligible for Relocation Scholarship. We’ll do this at the following times:

If you’re eligible, we’ll send you a letter. If you get a letter from us, you’ll need to do all of the following:

  • fill in the student part of the Verification of Campus form
  • get your course provider to fill in the campus details part of the form and sign it
  • submit the form and any requested documents to us.

You can submit the form online or at a service centre.

If you don’t get a letter from us, you’re not eligible. You may be eligible later if your situation, study or payment details change. You must tell us about any changes.

Your family home is in a regional or remote area, or overseas

If your family home is in a regional or remote area, or overseas, you don’t need to complete the form. Read more about your family home for Relocation Scholarship.

You’re doing approved overseas study

To get Relocation Scholarship overseas, we must approve your overseas study location. We’ll check this when you talk to us about your overseas study.

Read more about approved reasons for travel for Youth Allowance and documentation required for ABSTUDY Living Allowance overseas.

You’re doing a regional placement

If you’re doing a regional placement, you will need to download and print the Verification of Campus form. After you fill it in, you must take it to a service centre.

Page last updated: 11 August 2022.
QC 51819