Disability Employment Services

Services that can help you find and keep a job if you have a disability, illness or injury.

How they can help you

Disability Employment Service (DES) providers can help if you’re looking for work or have a job.

If you’re looking for work, a DES provider can help you:

  • get ready to work
  • train in specific job skills
  • write your resumé
  • train in interview skills
  • look for jobs that suit you.

If you have a job, a DES provider can help you with:

  • on-the-job training
  • speaking to your boss and co-workers
  • ongoing support in your job
  • modifying your workplace
  • Auslan at work.

If you risk losing your job due to illness, injury or disability, you can get help from Work Assist.

How to register

You can register for DES through us or direct through a provider.

To register through us, you can either:

We may suggest you get an Employment Services Assessment.

To register through a provider:

  • find a DES provider through the JobAccess website
  • contact them and ask to register.

The DES provider may refer you to us for an Employment Services Assessment if you need one.

Read more about Disability Employment Services on the JobAccess website.

Where you can get other advice

The Australian Government’s JobAccess service can give you or your employer advice. It provides employment support for people with disability, illness or injury.

Read more on the JobAccess website about other disability employment support. You can also call 1800 464 800 to talk with a JobAccess Advisor.

Page last updated: 29 January 2021