What your commitments are

There are things you must do to keep getting your Disability Support Pension (DSP).

Participation requirements if you’re under 35

There are participation requirements if you’re under 35 for some people getting Disability Support Pension (DSP). This is to help you find and keep suitable work.

Change of circumstances

You must tell us if things change as it may affect your DSP payment.

Read about what you need to tell us if you have a change of circumstances.

Hours you can work

If you get DSP, you can have paid work up to 29 hours a week. You can do this without losing your DSP payment providing you meet the income test.

You must tell us if you or your partner have started work within 14 days. You must also tell us the details of that work.

You must report any income you and your partner get. You need to report every 2 weeks, even if it’s $0. This is so we pay you the right amount.

Read more about working while you’re getting Disability Support Pension.


We may review your situation to see if you still meet medical and non-medical rules to keep getting DSP.

Page last updated: 2 June 2023.
QC 61758